Wednesday 12 January 2011

What should we non-Ordinariate Catholics call ourselves?

What if we were to call ourselves Diocesan Catholics? I think I'll do this for now, but I'll be happy to change it, if and when a better name comes along.

In most circumstances, naturally, we need make no distinction at all. I suggest this only because there are likely to be occasions when we will need to draw attention to specifically non-Ordinariate matters which have an equal importance for our Ordinariate Catholic brethren. It would be unthinkable that they might be at risk of missing out on something they might not hear about otherwise.

2 comments:

berenike said...

Catholic?

(I don't see why, in the situation you describe, there is any need to say anything else - if it affects all (?Latin rite) Catholics, why make a distinction?

Patricius said...

"Very ordinary Catholics"?