Monday 1 November 2010

The Blessed Cardinal's Robes at Birmingham Museum

A small but fascinating exhibition is currently on display at Birmingham Museums and Art Galleries. It consists of items on loan from the Birmingham Oratory, relating to the life of Blessed John Henry Newman.

Most particularly, and touchingly, it includes his cardinal’s robes.

A friend and I saw the exhibition recently. I can heartily recommend it. It continues until 6th January 2011. The museum is situated within comfortable walking distance of Birmingham New Street Station.

3 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Do you mind linking to my new blog?

Dorothy B said...

Welcome, Jackie! Happy to link to your new blog. Leadkindlylight: is that your current one? I've added it to my "I like to visit" list.

I hope you and your family are all well, and enjoying life.

Dorothy B said...

Thank you, Scott. Very kind.